Prairie Slow Pitch Softball’s Returning Year

Unknown
Prairie slow pitch softball on the bus ride to R.A. Long where they win 10-8.

After a year of recruiting and trying to find enough players for a team, Prairie’s slowpitch softball finally comes back better and stronger. Almost being able to go to districts, an injury caused them to forfeit due to being one player short.

Prairie’s slowpitch softball comes back with just enough players. After not being able to have a season last year, Prairie finally recruited 10 players!

Sophomore, Marcella Clark, says, “ I was super excited and looking forward to this season. I’m super glad that we came together. Even though we had that minimum of players, we made it work and I’m super grateful and happy for that.” 

Fall season of ‘22, six or seven girls had practiced for a little over a month, hoping to come up with enough players! Many girls had asked their friends, the information was put on the announcements yet still, there weren’t enough, causing there to be no slowpitch softball team that year.

Starting the season off strong, with a new head coach, Robert Haensel, returning girls were super excited! Hoping for a successful season. Exciting news to the girls, there happened to be just enough players! 

Sophomore, Claire Jodoin, speaks about the new coaches and successful season, “I enjoyed it a lot. The coaches were very good and well-organized. We always went into practice and games knowing a plan and what to do! Even after our coach, Robert Haensel, got hurt, we were still able to be flexible with our new coaches and new plans.”

After being able to have a season, the slowpitch team had planned on going to districts. But an injury from one of the girls had caused them to forfeit all because they were now short one player!

The girls were beyond excited for this season and hope there continue to be girls to go out for slowpitch in the years to come!