Unseen Sides Of PHS: The NAHS Club

Emerson VanDeWege
Member Adisyn Lowry working on their Unity Mural!

Despite being a new club, the National Arts Honor Society (NAHS) club at our school has rapidly become a club of creativity and companionship. The members and their adviser strive for the club’s success, and their shared passion for the arts fuels the club’s momentum.

One of the club’s primary objectives is to foster a sense of community among its members. As they collaborate on projects, the club members approach each project with detail-oriented and dedicated meticulous planning such as murals, “length, colors, perspective, and even the location.” Said club member Adi  “that it’s important to sketch initial designs and conduct in-depth research on the topic.” 

The club strives to create an area that is not only visually appealing but also meaningful and impactful. The club adviser’s goal as a club is to build a “supportive and inspiring community of artists” that motivates each other, share their experiences, and grow together. “We are currently working on a mural that represents influential women from different cultures.” Club President Natalie Coughran states.

Their club meets on Tuesdays, but members should always be ready for changing schedules and even working on murals outside school times, coming in on their own time on the weekends.