PHS Welding

PHS Welding
Nate Merritt

In a stunning display of talent and determination, the Prairie High School welding team emerged victorious at the 2023-24 district competition. Their precision and skill were unmatched, earning them the top spot and a well-deserved ticket to the upcoming state championship.

As they prepare to face off against the best teams in the state, the Prairie High School welding team is leaving no stone unturned. With rigorous training sessions and meticulous planning, they are honing their craft to perfection. Each member is laser-focused on the goal of clinching the state title and making their school proud. When asking sophomore Brody Nieto what he and the team will do to prepare for state competition he said “To prepare for state we will begin to trust our skills more and more and get as much hood time as possible.”

What sets the Prairie High School welding team apart is not just their individual talent, but their strong sense of unity and how well they click outside the welding shop. Like a well-oiled machine, they work seamlessly together, each member complementing the strengths of the others. This teamwork and mutual support are the secret ingredients to their success.

As the state championship draws near, the Prairie High School welding team is ready to showcase their skills on the biggest stage. Their passion for welding burns brightly, propelling them forward with unwavering determination. Like true champions, they are prepared to push themselves to the limit and leave it all on the welding table. Senior Grayson Allen added “Welding brings us all joy cause it slows my mind down. The shops can and will get loud, but when we got the hood down it all goes away.”

The Prairie High School welding team’s victory at the district competition is just the beginning of their journey toward greatness. With their eyes set on the state championship, they are a force to be reckoned with. Their skill, teamwork, and sheer grit make them formidable contenders, and they are ready to take on whatever challenges come their way.