Parker McCollum Live!

Parker McCollum performs “Pretty Heart” on the tail end of his set.
Camden Hern

On the night of January 20, 2024, at the Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Oregon. Country music artist Parker McCollum played a concert. This show was his third night on the tour, but it didn’t sound like it at all

This concert for me was a last-second decision. I had bought the ticket the day of the show at 1 PM and the show was at 7 PM. I made the drive down to Eugene and It was definitely worth it.

I went to the show with no expectations because I had never really listened to him very much. Parker McCollum came out on stage at 9 PM and immediately I was surprised. His voice live was really good and he was very interactive with the crowd, he knows how to run and put on a show. He still somehow managed to make all of his songs sound like the recorded studio versions.

He opened with “To Be Loved By You”, Which is a good upbeat love song, and a great choice for an opener. The crowd was into it the whole show, considering it was on the University of Oregon campus which means there were a lot of college students attending.

The setlist integrated a good variety of tempos, keeping me engaged the whole time even though I didn’t know a lot of the songs before. But he played his biggest hits which I did know such as “Burn It Down,” “I Can’t Breathe,” “Hell Of A Year,” and “Pretty Heart.” And that just added to the enjoyment I had.

The overall concert experience here was great and the opening acts also did a good job. The setlist was good, his voice was really good, and the band around him was amazing. I give this show overall an 8/10, the only thing that takes away points was that the sound inside of the arena wasn’t the best because the building is concrete so the acoustics aren’t the best.