The Parking Lot Battle!

Ashlynn Hanssen
Faded Senior label on parking spaces

Seniors are having trouble finding parking. Lately, there have been complaints of juniors taking senior parking spots every morning. Seniors are upset and want this resolved. As more and more students start driving to school, the parking lot starts to fill up.

The first couple of rows are reserved for seniors. The spray-painted “senior” has worn off but it’s still slightly visible. As of recently, the seniors have been more irritated as spots have become more occupied by juniors. 

When asked why she parks here, Clara Kapelka, a junior, says, “Because no one parks there, it’s like an open spot. No one has asked me to leave.” Other juniors have not been asked to leave either. They typically park a row or two back from seniors.

A currency of juniors is filling up the spots. Many seniors have to park near the back. Some students are not aware of the senior parking. There have been no announcements made that there is specific parking, so many underclassmen don’t know where to park.

Seniors are waiting for a solution. Kate Durfey, a senior, chimes in with her input, “Maybe for future use have senior parking passes and enforce it.” This is a potential solution for the parking lot crisis. With all the conversation on this situation, there may be a new system for the class of 25 seniors. 

View Comments (1)