A Check-in With Boys Soccer

Hervie Kab fighting for the ball with Mountain View player #13
Howard Hawk

A successful win at Kelso keeps hopes up for this season, with a season record of 2-6-2. Prairie is still optimistic about the season through two wins, six losses, and two ties. Boys varsity led the game to a win with a 3-0 victory on Tuesday, April 16. “Zeph Cochran, Preston Hill, and KJ Youm were our three goal scorers,” team captain Grayson Allen commented. This was the first league win of the season for the Falcons.

With an upcoming game at Mountain View, athletes are staying hopeful about the season standings. “We have a lot of potential, especially with the new players, we’re capable of more it’s just going out there and finishing the season strong.” With only one league win this season most would be worried, a steady optimism is held throughout the team.

Keeping confidence throughout the season can be a trouble for athletes even with a flawless record. However, this is most definitely not stopping the Falcons. “This season is my chance to leave an impact on the team and school, so I’ve been really putting in effort in practices and on the field,” varsity player Caleb Pruden stated. With more outgoing seniors the desire to leave an impact is compounding as the season gets closer to an end.

Grayson being Prairie’s varsity goalie for the past 3 years, will leave a gap in one of the most important positions. Looking back, players like Trent Harker, who graduated 2 years ago, stood out among 3A players leading Prairie in the 2022 season. The circulation of new players will always be an issue for teams looking to win consistently.

This season’s performance hasn’t exactly met expectations, but the team is determined to bounce back and finish on a strong note.