Rival Game Takes An Unexpected Turn

Natalie Coughran
Falcons taking the field with the student section in white behind them.

The stadium lights are on, the student section is full of white hues, opposed by floods of orange across the field… The Rival game commences and it’s Prairie vs. Battleground!

The game though took a turn as Battleground pulled ahead and gained the lead. The thoughts running through the falcons were to just “keep it close” hoping to eventually take the lead. “We were all hoping they could pull it together and close the gap in the score, but sadly they didn’t” Senior Lucille Ware shares.  As the end of the game approached Battleground was up 42-7 to Prairie. 

“It wasn’t the score we wanted, but it did show us our weak areas and things we can do better.” junior player Judah Bullock shares. This upset hit the Falcons hard, but it made growth that much more powerful. The team plans to “lock in” fundamentals and continue to grow together and “work” together in future games.

The students at this game were amped up for their falcons regardless of the score. The cheerleaders fulfilled their role of keeping the student section engaged with fan-favorite chants like the “Falcon Rumble!” Jumping side to side while decked out in white clothing was a “motivator” for the team as they looked to their peers for inspiration. The “morale” of the student section was able to shed some light on those on the field. 

Next year the Falcons are prepared to turn the tide, and take back the victory that belongs here at Praire!