The OG´s Are Back!

Owen Ziegler

“Another day another victory for the OG’s” A statement commonly heard right now around schools and social media platforms. On November 3rd the popular 100-player Battle Royale released their new season titled “Fortnite OG”. Fortnite OG is a spin-off of old Fortnite that many people enjoyed.

Most knew this Fortnite season was going to have career-high numbers for the game. On November 5th Fortnite had reached 44.7 million different players that loaded up the game to give it a try. Senior Grant Lane who was a part of the record-breaking number, shared his thoughts on it. “I knew a lot of people would be playing but, I never knew it could be this many.” 

As the astronomical month for  Fortnite came to a close Camden Hern, a senior at Prairie agreed this is what the game needed. “I feel like everything they have been adding is perfect, I have a lot of fun playing zero build because I don’t have to try too hard. It just feels like 2019 all over again”

While Grant, Camden, and many others enjoy the game it has become a problem for schools and parents. Many students skipped school for the release of Fortnite OG. As Fortnite OG goes on it has become a bigger concern teachers are noticing more tardies and tired students in class. Teachers believe it is because of Fortnite.

OG Fortnite is set to end December 2nd with the launch of Chapter 5 Season 1, bringing a full new map and new items. Camden Hern still has hope for the game going into Chapter 5, “I still want to play the game I just hope it doesn’t get ruined.”