Homecoming Week Is Here!

Lena Le
ASB committee working on planning events for homecoming!

It’s homecoming week at Prairie, which means spirit week, homecoming assembly, Homecoming game, and most importantly the Homecoming dance!

After many hours of planning over this past month, ASB is excited to bring the joy of Homecoming Week to Prairie. “It is probably one of the most difficult weeks  to coordinate and plan due to all of the different parts.” ASB Advisor Danaka Ross shares. It is a balancing act among ASB participants to make sure all events are covered and executed properly so no one event “falls through” or gets overlooked. 

To accomplish this ASB students are currently split into “seven committees” that all work on different aspects of things happening at Prairie. Some committees are already working on other Prairie traditions after homecoming such as “Trunk or Treat and Spooky Surprises.”

This week’s spirit week includes Dress as Your Type, Teacher/Student Swap, Twin Day, Barbie Day, and Blackout Day. Spirit week is important as it provides “an opportunity to do something a little bit different.” ASB President Isabelle Morrell mentions. It gives students an avenue to get “out of their comfort zone” as well as” bring up the excitement” that Prairie needs leading up to the end-of-the-week festivities.

On Friday the homecoming assembly will be held which will include a bunch of games for students to participate in and earn points for their class. Students will also recognize the homecoming court for this year, which they will later see during the homecoming game. This is when the winner will be announced! 

“I love the homecoming game because there is more going on than at normal game, like this year the band will be on the field during half time and it keeps the student section engaged.” Says Felicity Heid. The homecoming game this year will be the last home game of the season, making it a bittersweet night for Prairie seniors, as their last home FNL game of high school, which will lead them into Saturday, for their last homecoming dance as a Prairie Falcon.