Prairie Wrestlers Are Coming Into The 2023-2024 Season With Confidence

Last years wrestling program.

Prairie Falcon wrestlers are ready for the 2023-2024 season, and coming off such an amazing season last year they are more motivated than ever to go back to state.

“As the strength and conditioning coach I am excited to solidify the kids’ conditioning, but as an overall team I am excited to see how good we are coming off a good season,” said strength and conditioning coach Kyle Sharpe.

He was also asked about what his expectations and goals are for this season. “I would say that the floor this season is not making state, but that’s very doubtful anything can happen, and the ceiling would be adding a plaque to the walls.”

A Prairie wrestler spoke about what goals are as a team. “I think we are going to make the state Championship,” said second-year Prairie wrestler Artem Kaluha. Then we asked him if there were any major changes from this season to last season. “The biggest difference is that there are a lot of different faces this year, a lot of new freshmen and a lot of old players left, some players graduated others quit, and a few changed schools, I would say the biggest change is that the state champion from last year is missing but that is because he graduated, everything else is still the same,” said Artem.

The Falcons are excited, to say the least for this upcoming season, let’s all hope that their confidence and motivation will stay strong through the whole season no matter what the results are. GO FALCONS!