Boys Volleyball is Back!

Emma Mobley
A play being made during the 2023 Boys Volleyball game at Battleground High School.

Prairie Boys Volleyball is back this year, so ASB leaders and senior girls varsity volleyball are doing what they can to prepare themselves and the to-be-determined boys team for the win against Battleground at The Nest on March 14th.

In 2023, the boys took a tough loss against the Battleground team, losing 3 straight sets. They also received some backlash from students that attended the game, about coaching, playing time, and performance.

Senior boys volleyball coach Maddy Moore acknowledges some challenges that may be ahead, and she’s prepared for them. “I think it will be challenging, just because most of the boys haven’t played before and don’t know all the rules. I don’t have much coaching experience either, so we’ll see if they can pick up on things easily.” 

Coaching isn’t the only area of this match that may be difficult. Senior class representative Reagan Faust is helping run boys’ volleyball and figuring out the details that go into an event like this and has already had to jump through some hoops to make sure the game could even happen. “We had to think about when we were gonna have it done and the spring sports for the boys who play them. We also had to get Battleground to have a specific day too, and they took a really long time to even respond to the message.” 

There have been mixed emotions about how past boys’ volleyball games have been run, but Prairie seniors hope to make this year’s most exciting one yet. They’ve taken students’ previous feedback into consideration when planning, and it already seems to be easier to kick off than before.

With the main challenges out of the way and the tryouts/match date already set in place, Boys Volleyball can smoothly move forward with carefully choosing what boys will represent Prairie, and start practicing for the win on the court!

View Comments (1)