A Look Into the Season with Brendan Carter

Senior Brendan Carter attempts a three-point shot in a win over Heritage High School on 1/9/2024.
AJ Burke

While pushing through an injury early on that he did not let end his senior season, Prairie High School basketball team captain Brendan Carter helped lead his team to the playoffs with a 9-10 record.

“The team and I are very confident going into playoffs,” says Brendan, “we have won some big games, and no matter how the start of the game goes, we always battle back and compete.” The Falcons ended the season 4-4 in league play, with Brendan averaging 10.1 points, 4. Rebounds, and 2 assists per game while missing two games at the beginning of the season.

Brendan played all 4 years at Prairie and has been a 3-year varsity player, going to playoffs twice now after participating in a 3-way tiebreaker last season against Evergreen and Heritage, which they won and was one of his ¨favorite moments¨ in his basketball career.

Teammate Solomon Ogbeama says, “I love playing with him.” Ogbeama has played basketball with Brendan for 4 years and says he is a good teammate and “has his moments” being a leader. He has shown many bright flashes of leadership and has shown that he is able to step up and take control.

Brendan has talked to multiple colleges about continuing his basketball career past high school, but he has not made any final decisions yet.

View Comments (1)