Clubs Find Their Place At Prairie High School

Natalie Coughran
NAHS Window reminder about upcoming meeting during Falcon support.

Prairie High School clubs are starting Tuesday, September 19th during Falcon Support, for all students and activities.

It’s that time of year at Prairie High School as the start of all things new is abloom. This week it is Prairie’s wide variety of clubs. This year the school decided to schedule clubs to meet on certain days of the month during Falcon support on their assigned days.

On Tuesdays, meetings will be held for the Air Force Junior Reserve Officers Training Corp (AFJROTC), Chess Club, Drama, Future Farmers of America (FFA), Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Key Club, Multicultural Club, National Art Honor Society (NAHS), Prairie Spark, Speech/debate, eSports, and Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA.)

On Thursdays meetings will be held for American Sign Language (ASL), Auto, Culinary Club, Dungeons and Dragons (DND) Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Genders and Sexualities Alliance (GSA), Latino Student Union (LSU), Photo Club, National Honor Society (NHS), Robotics Club, VICA/MACH/Metals, Unified Basketball and soccer.

Clubs are welcome to anyone and everyone, “clubs allow students to try new things and be a part of a community they would’ve otherwise not gotten a chance to be a part of.” NAHS Advisor, Tatiana Stevens shares. Clubs give a safe space for students to explore new activities or share their opinions in places where their “voices can be heard.”

Whether you’re spending time in these clubs to share thoughts or create art it is a way to connect with the community here at Prairie. “It’s a chance for me to do something I love while also getting to hang out with my friends, especially the ones I don’t have classes with.” Former GSA Member, Tate Genton says. It’s an opportunity to explore new hobbies and passions and it’s a “fun” way to get to know people.