Smooth like Chris Stapleton

Camden Hern and Marla Hern standing in the berm at the amphitheater before the concert started.
Andy Rodriguez

On the day of June 3, 2022, Country superstar Chris Stapleton played a concert at the Sunlight Supply Amphitheater in Ridgefield Washington on a cold rainy day. This concert was postponed in 2020 due to the pandemic. Hopes have been very high for this concert since it was announced in 2019.

Concertgoers were looking for an interesting experience at this show. It had been raining for a few days before the show. That caused the berm in the amphitheater to be really muddy and slick. The steepness of the berm caused several people to slip and fall because of the mud. Throughout the night it stopped raining which made for a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

When Stapleton came out and started the show he opened with “Nobody To Blame”. His setlist was a great mix of his slower and faster-paced songs. For example, going from “Whiskey And You” to “Arkansas” was a great change of pace from slow to fast. He played most of his biggest hits. For example “Traveller”, “Parachute”, “Fire Away” and “Tennessee Whiskey”.

The best thing about this concert was hearing him sing in person. In my opinion, he sounds better in person than on his albums. His voice is insane live, considering he’s won 10 Grammy awards i’d say he’s pretty good.

Overall this concert was nothing short of amazing, and it really got me listening to him and country music more often. For all of those reasons, I rate the concert an 8/10. 2 points were deducted due to the weather circumstances. Everything else was perfect. If it was sunny and 70 degrees it would’ve been a 10/10. If you ever get the chance to see Chris Stapleton live I highly recommend it.