Prairies Teacher Of The Week: Ms. Stevens

Ms.+Stevens%2C+the+ceramics+teacher%2C+rides+in+a+wheel+barrow+someone+brought+for+anything+but+a+backpack+day.+
Natalie Coughran
Ms. Stevens, the ceramics teacher, rides in a wheel barrow someone brought for anything but a backpack day.

Meet Tatiana Stevens at Prairie High School in Vancouver WA. Stevens teaches a ceramics class and has been at Prairie since 2021, a nice three years. Awarded for teacher of the week because of her wonderful interaction with students.

“My favorite thing about Ms Stevens is that she is very up-to-date with trends and good with talking to students,” Senior Mylah Flores said. Most of the students at Prairie would have to agree that Ms Stevens is a wonderful teacher and cares about Prairie students’ opinions and wants.

Being able to make things out of clay that you find useful and necessary is something Ms Steven’s class lets you do. Ceramics is something to look forward to in a school day for the students who are lucky enough to have it. 

“Something I appreciate about Ms Stevens is how she always understands the student’s point of view, or at least tries to,” Another Prairie High student Ava Bondachuk said.

Teachers must understand students’ points of view, especially when trying to teach them skills to use in their future life/career. Ms Stevens can do that, and that is something Prairie appreciates. 

Not only do the students love Ms. Stevens, but Ms. Stevens has a great connection with Prairie as well. Stevens’s favorite thing about Prairie High School is that they offer Ceramics and not all schools do.