Trunk or Treat 2023!

Tatiana Stevens
NAHS members dressed up as Witches beside their trunk for Trunk or Treat.

Decorations, live music, costumes, and lots of candy are just some of the things seen at Prairies Trunk Or Treat. This year on October 30th over 15 different clubs participated in this Prairie tradition.

Trunk or Treat is an event put together by ASB where Prairie’s different clubs can showcase themselves and “give back” to the community. The clubs sign up to participate and in doing so planning over what their trunk will be decorated with and how to execute their ideas commences. 

For ASB, planning is difficult as it requires a lot of “coordination” with more than just ASB. This event relied a lot on club and community participation. “You have to be in contact with a lot of people, and have a really good, organized way of advertising, or else a community event like this cannot take place.” Enlightens ASB member Ruth Sprenger. 

One trunk, in particular, was very pleased with trunk or treat this year; NAHS (National Art Honor Society) was “grateful” for the opportunity to showcase their club to the public as it’s still pretty new. “It allowed our club to gain more traction and allow people to learn more about us and what we are involved in.” Shares NAHS Vice President Emma Geromichalos. Saying it was “stressful but worth it” NAHS created a handmade black cat piece for their trunk to demonstrate their mission of “bringing art to the community.” It was alongside balloons and streamers and lots of hard work.

Last year Prairies band program took home the trophy for best trunk, but that changed this year! The winner of this year’s Trunk or Treat was BSU (black students united) after receiving 110 sock donations. In second place was Unified, with 107 sock donations. 

Remember to sign up or stop by for next year’s Trunk or Treat!