PHS Bowling Champion Legacy

Owen McKannay
PHS Wall Of Champions

Lilly Bash, a graduate of Prairie High School and arguably one of the best bowlers at the school if not the state, was first introduced to bowling around the age of 8, around then she was focused mainly on tennis and soccer. Upon reaching High School because of her family’s support and culture that had to do with bowling, she rapidly improved.

Upon talking to Rhonda Bash, Lilly’s mother and familial coach, and asking about the possible reasons why Lilly had chosen bowling as her sport, she replied “Her mom, dad, and older sister were all bowlers… so she grew up watching bowling,” which may seem like a somewhat vague answer, nonetheless what ties could be stronger in this world apart from ties to your family?

As for the second question, it surmised asking about the effects and improvements that bowling had on Lilly Bash, the most important being her diverse communication and leadership skills, the second being her growth of confidence which may have very well caused her to pursue being the captain of the bowling team.

During Lilly’s Senior year when she was starting, a temporary problem may have caused her some difficulties. There weren’t enough players and Lilly wanted to bowl, the problem then was that not many people knew about the bowling team. There were only 3 total members including Lilly, not enough people to compete against anyone, but with Lilly and the rest of the team supporting each other, they managed to pull in some recruits. 

Finally, during the individual bowling championship where Lilly could show off her skill and growth, she blew the other opponents out of the water with 1st place, happily playing without even knowing the score. It’s also mentioned by Lilly’s mother, Rhonda Bash, that Lilly paid zero attention to her score to not get distracted. When approaching her mother after the game the following conversation ensued, “Do you know what your score was?” asked Rhonda, “Did I do good?” Lilly replied in question, “You might’ve beat the whole thing!” finished Rhonda.