Prairie Gymnastics headed to Districts

Last years winning district team.
Phil Netmeth
Last year’s winning district team.

The Prairie Girls Gymnastics team is currently preparing for districts coming up right here in Vancouver at North Pointe Gymnastics on February 17th, in hopes of winning for the third year in a row.

On February 17th the girls will be competing right here in Vancouver, at North Pointe Gymnastics. The schools they will be competing against are both 2A and 3A schools such as Mountain View, Ridgefield, and Evergreen, but their biggest challenge will be Columbia River. Their scores have been very close this season. The Prairie girls are confident though!

When Sophomore Hayden Wojack was asked what event she’s most confident in going into districts she said, “Probably floor because it’s definitely my strongest event.” Hayden is a huge contributor to her team’s scores, and she’s been doing gymnastics for 12 years! Hayden is also really excited and nervous at the same time, but she has a good feeling that her team will do great. 

Head coach Dakota Tast has the same confidence in her girls like Hayden does. This is her last year coaching at Prairie, and she said her favorite part about coaching at Prairie has been, “All the support we receive! We’ve truly been blessed with amazing athletic directors, supportive parents, and encouraging community members!” She also added, “Leading the team to claim their first district championship title in 26 years, back in 2022!” 

Tast mentioned that they are a “very tight-knit” group, and they’re well-rounded this year where they shine bright together. “We are hungry to defend our district title for the third time.” For it being Tast and the seniors last year here at Prairie, the community, prairie students, and staff want this district win for the third time in a row!

View Comments (1)