Lady Falcons Are Faced With A Battle!

Maddie Thorsen
Team huddle before match start

The Lady Falcons soccer team has been faced with an uphill battle this season due to many injuries, that could create a setback in success this season.

The Lady Falcons currently have a “good shot” at winning the league which is their “goal” for this season. They haven’t had many games, but from what is being displayed by this team are showing high hopes for postseason advancement. 

Senior Captain Maddie Thorsen shares that the “chemistry” that year is better. The girls are able to joke around with each other while also “respect[ing]” one another. Coinciding with “aligned goals” as well as “similar mindsets going into games and all wanting to win” has been a tremendous boost to the team’s success. 

This change in team dynamic is happening under the direction of Ryan Glaser, Head coach of the Lady Falcons for his second year. Players consider him a “great coach”, as he “tends to let the team lead itself, stepping in when he is needed.” Thorsen says. This has created more leadership and teamwork to peak in the program compared to previous years. This coaching style is“definitely help[ing] the team find its intrinsic motivation and want to do good on our own” Thorsen enlightens.

The Falcons started this season off strong with an 8-0 win against Capitol High School, followed by a 2-2 draw vs. Mountain View High School. Although their most recent game didn’t have such a great outcome for the Falcons losing 1-5 to Skyview High School, they are more than ready to make a comeback and assert themselves back on top. 

Make sure to support the Lady Falcons next Tuesday as they face the rivals: Battleground High School!