On The Radar: Snow Days

AccuWeather
Snow Radar for total snow accumulation today

As winter storms saturate weather forecasts students hope for snow days.

As of this week, many weather channel outlets have shown a forecast for snow by the end of the week. Here at Prairie, it takes a decent amount to get the school to close, as opposed to schools farther north such as Battleground High School; which has to account for students commuting from Amboy and Yacolt. 

There are mixed reviews for snow days, where some students are excited to relax and others are afraid to fall behind. Senior Felicity Heid shares, ¨I hope we have a snow day, I have work I need to catch up on, and it would be nice to have an extra day.¨ With the end of the semester approaching students are cramming trying to get grades up and keep them up. Teachers are also wanting to make sure they have enough instruction time to get through all the ¨needed material.¨

Some underclassmen don’t like the possibility of a winter storm, ¨I don´t want more days to be added to the end of the school year, I want to end on time and have more days for the summer,¨ says junior, Emerson VanDeWege. But not all underclassmen think this way, as excitement floods the halls with students agitated on word about the potential days to sleep in and not worry about school. 

¨It doesn’t affect me in a negative way to have a day off, I’m a senior so I graduate on the same day regardless of how many snow days we have.¨ States Heid. Last year rumors were flying that the date of graduation was going to be pushed back due to the days missed due to snow. That rumor was put to rest and the class of 23’ graduated on time on the beautiful night of June 8th. 

Keep that weather channel open and be prepared for the potential of a four-day weekend falcons!