Back To School Spirit!

Patty Alway
Mr. Root announcing new staff members including a student favorite Mr. Muck

Friday, September 1st was a big day for our Falcon community with the first pep assembly and the first football game of the year.

The pep assembly was put together by Prairies ASB and ASB advisor Danaka Ross to give students an opportunity to show school spirit. While showing school spirit students and “Right off the bat, you get to see who are the admin, who are the new teachers, and who are the new staff members.” Danaka Ross informs.

These assemblies allow for an introduction to everything Prairie is, as a community, as a student body, as a staff, and as a family. The campus of Prairie is very “split up” and it’s “just nice to see everyone’s faces and I think it’s good to bring back the hype, cause was really missing that this year.” says ASB President Isabelle Morrell. 

With several games for students to compete in and performances to watch, all students have a spot to show their pride. “I liked the Hungry, Hungry, Hippo! Game” senior Kate Durfey shares, as it is entertaining to watch and allows each duo to earn points for their graduating class. These assemblies mainly prepare and allow for “excitement” to rise about upcoming events. In this case…FNL!

Football is back, the crowd, the band, and of course the concessions! Durfey shares that her favorite part of the football games is “definitely dressing up for the themes and actually cheering.” She also made it clear that those who aren’t cheering in the student section, need to move to “the back” so the energy can continue to thrive throughout the students there to show their spirit. 

Although our football team lost 12-14 to our opponents: Auburn, the energy and overall return of FNL was enough to keep the Falcons cheering and energized. See you next week!