Senior Of The Week: Ashlee Bolin

Jenna Magoon
Ashlee Bolin working on a project in Mr.Smith’s class for welding.

Ashlee Bolin is a senior at Prairie and has been a student here for all 4 years of high school, despite moving around a lot growing up. Ashlee was born in Salmon Creek, she loves doing things outdoors like camping, hunting, and riding dirt bikes. Ashlee has a large family with 2 older brothers and her dad has 7 siblings. She is currently on the wrestling team and loves it, she used to do cheer from the age of 6 to her freshman year.

With the holidays coming up, it’s time for sharing holiday traditions. When asked about them this is what Ashlee said “Yes, me and my family typically always go over to my grandmas. And normally we share, like, we’ll do my grandma’s gifts, my great grandma’s, and then everyone else’s”. 

With the excitement for Christmas, there’s even more excitement for graduation. What to do after graduation is a question every senior is being asked now. Some say I’m gonna be a nurse, doctor, or teacher. But for Ashlee, she said with excitement and confidence “Going into welding. And I’m going to start an internship, and then within 2 years I should be making $65-$85 an hour”.

With a similar confidence, she talked about her favorite teacher Mr.Smith, because of her love for the class. Mr.Smith said he’d describe Ashlee as “Interesting, bubbly at times, scared of the shop at times, but willing to try to work, willing to learn how to do the assignment that I’ve given her.”

Mr.Smith is the main coach for wrestling here at Prairie. He teaches welding and engineering. Mr.Smith has been teaching and coaching for 35 years total, but he’s worked here at Prairie for 18 years. With his experiences from his life, he wants to leave Ashlee with this “Put your head down and trench forward. Whatever obstacles she’s gonna run into, she’ll look back at wrestling and go ‘You know what, that was nothing compared to what coach Smith made me go through.”