• September 271hr Late Start Wednesdays

• September 24Veterans Day Observed (no school), Nov. 12th

• September 24Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 22-23

Filed under News, Showcase

Seasons Change

The seasons are changing and so is the atmosphere at Prairie High School. Spring break is just around the corner and summer break is approaching in about three months. Freshman are excited finish out the year and finally be able to ditch the dreaded title “freshmen”. Sophomores are looking forward to assume the title “upperclassmen”. Juniors will soon be able to call themselves “seniors”. And seniors will finally be able to call themselves “graduates”. Everybody is looking forward to the future but until then, there are still three months left. Motivation has declined. Attendance has been lackluster. It seems as though that at this point, everyone is just waiting it out until summer break hits.

If you are a student, head these words:

It only gets harder from here

If you let your motivation decline, it will be very hard to pick it back up again. This is called a “slippery slope”. You will start off not doing a couple assignments. Then you receive a bad score on a test. Your grades will drop and it will be that much harder to bring it back up again. The way to survive is to give yourself a head start. Think about your future. Get on top of things before you’re drowning in things you were supposed to do because you procrastinated.

Not only should you keep up the hard work, but you should also get involved in school festivities. It will make the next three months more enjoyable. High school is also a once in a lifetime experience and believe it or not, you will miss it. Make it enjoyable while you still can. The seasons are changing and summer is just around the corner. To make the most out of the next three months try some new things. Attend some sporting events. Invite a friend to the school play. Go to prom. Don’t just cruise for the next three months. Push through it. Live it. Enjoy it.