• March 9Memorial Day (No School), May 28th

• March 9Early Release, May 23rd

• March 9ASB Elections, May 18th

Filed under News, Showcase

Prairie High School Donates Portion of Homecoming Tickets to the Restoration of the Gorge

Prairie High School donates $7,000 to the Stevenson chapter of Red Cross to help restore the Columbia Gorge area that was destroyed by the wildfires.

The money donated is going to help families that lost their homes or had to evacuate during the fire. The money will help pay for food and shelter, but also to help plant new trees.

Ms.Havig, ASB advisor said that, “With the money made from homecoming, we donated all of it to the Gorge—after paying for the DJ and The On Broadway Picture Company.”

700 hundred students showed up to homecoming,  the dance that had a cause to it. All the decorations were related to the Gorge. The theme of the dance was “A GORGE-ous Night.” Homecoming was held on October 7 from 7:30-10:30p.m.

Daisy Phan, a Senior and ASB student, came up with the theme and the class decided to incorporate the idea of the donations. Some decorations included paintings of evergreen trees on posters, leaves on the tables, and some blue for the waterfalls.

“Prairie High School doesn’t do a lot of these types of fundraisers, so it’s good that we are doing something to give back to our community,” said Misa Le, student body president.