• September 21 Rivalry Football Game Against Battle Ground September 22nd at 7:00PM

Filed under Features, Showcase

Homecoming 2017

A “GORGEous night” homecoming attracted over 700 Prairie High School’s students last Saturday. The ASB students spent a lot of time coordinating, planning, and decorating for the spectacular night for all 9th-12th graders.

Misa Le, ASB president, says that coordinating the dance takes teamwork. Everyone has an important role in planning each detail. “Everyone depends on each other.” Le says that the themes are picked through a voting process by the students who are in ASB, but this year was different. She explained that Daisy Phan had missed the voting day, and came to class the next day devastated about the gorge fire, and suggested the theme would do something with the tragedy and have proceeds go towards helping people who had to evacuate their homes. Misa says her favorite part about homecoming this weekend was seeing familiar faces and being around senior peers, “…our last homecoming together.”

As for freshman this new experience could bring excitement and fear. Hannah Hoffman, on the homecoming court as a freshman, says that her first homecoming met her expectations. “I liked all the dancing”. Hannah stayed  as long as she could because she was having so much fun with her boyfriend. She said that she would’ve liked to have water distributed in the gym for everyone to access besides the one water fountain outside the gym. Hannah said that after the dance she was happy to go home and take her heels off and get into some sweatpants. “I think that is the best way to spend an evening.”

Some of you may be wondering what happened to our Dj this year? Misa says that he had booked another dance and wasn’t available on Saturday, Although this was the case most were happy with the music played.